*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.*
This is a post I wasn’t expecting to write but since I made these holiday treat bags last night I felt like I had to write something about them because they turned out so great and totally worked for a last-minute holiday gift to give to friends. I started out by making two batches of chocolate chunk cookies following the recipe on the back of the Nestle chocolate chunk bag. Once the cookies had cooled I melted some white and milk chocolate and dipped each cookie halfway in and then added holiday sprinkles. Once they had cooled and the chocolate had hardened, I placed four cookies into each goodie bag, grabbed a candy cane, and tied a pretty bow around it. Voila, super easy and beautiful holiday treat bags. Recipe below:
~2 packages Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chunks
~2-3 Packages chocolate for melting (I used both white and milk)
~2-3 Different kinds holiday sprinkles
1) Follow instructions on back of Nestle chocolate chunk package.
2) Allow cookies to cool completely, then heat melting chocolate.
3) Once chocolate is completely melted, dip each cookie halfway in and set on parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
4) Immediately sprinkle on your favorite holiday sprinkles and let sit to harden.
5) When the chocolate on all cookies has hardened, bag four cookies into each cellophane bag (depending on how many treat bags you need to make).
6) Next, tie a candy cane onto each bag with a pretty ribbon and make a bow.
7) Give each treat bag out to friends and family and wait for their “oooohs and awwwws”.
What’s one of your favorite last-minute holiday treats?